- How should a beautiful hairline be?
- 2 stages are very important in hair transplantation. 1) Front hairline 2) Opening of hair channels (Angle,Direction)
- How should male and female front hair transplantation be done? How many degrees should the channels be opened?
Hairline design is a key for a natural look appearance.
Hairline looks clearly on a person forehead and it the part of everyone’s hair. It is also the part of our personality that why we always look mirror every day.
If the hairline does not look natural, then there is a bad sign of a hair transplant.
What makes it important to get a good hairline?
If you have undergone a hair transplant, surely you would not want to get it noticed. It should look natural. Any form of hair transplant treatment can result in an unnatural look, if the surgery has been performed by the inexperienced hands
- The hair line, despite being called a “line” should not be straight. The natural hair line has peaks and valleys and is never straight. So, the newly designed hair line should also not be straight. It should be winimal wave.
- In the mid scalp, hair usually exits at 30° to 45° and points forward toward the nose.
- As one reaches the frontal hairline, the angle becomes more acute at 15° to 20°, and the direction usually remains pointing forward. On occasion, hair in this area may bend slightly to the left or right.
What is the Golden ratio on our face?
Man Hair Line Types?
Woman Hair Line Types?
The height of the hairline can be determined in several ways:
The central hairline can be placed typically 7-8 centimeters
(approximately 3 inches above the top of the eyebrows.)
The central hairline is placed 2 fingers above the highest forehead wrinkle.
The central hairline is placed 4 fingers above the top of the eyebrows.
Hairline Design before a Hair Transplant
Something need to consider when designing the hair transplant:
- Age of Patient – Design according to the age hairline should be designed as it is important and it looks more natural. As the example given above, if a 50-year-old patient having an advance level of hair loss and want to gain the hairline as when he was 25. This will not look unnatural.
- Gender – A male hairline is different than female.
- Hair Types – Different types of hair like thick, coarse or curly usually takes more space than any normal layout of the hairline. A patient who is having finer hairline need more hair than other people who have thick hair. So different hair types required different planning.
- Face Shape and size– For a surgeon, it is important to note that the design of a hairline must be on the basis of patient’s face. Even if it shows you some shapes, it is most logical for everyone to have a different hairline.
- Hair Loss Types – When any patient suffer from hair loss which is caused by traction alopecia then a major difference of hairline design will show. So the important thing is that surgeon consider the cause of hair loss and create a hairline design that works.
- Hair Loss Level – The early stage of hair loss is different while comparing with an advance hairline design. In this hair density is one of the factors. If the hairline is thin that is shows in the appearance of the hair transplant. If someone has a lot of hair loss, it would be useful to stretch the hairline a little more backwards.
Remember in Natural Looking Hairline
- Need Planning – Surgeon only planned the hairline design.
- No Straight Lines– Surgeon mostly avoids the straight line in the scalp as it does not look natural. So they avoid the placing hair grafts in straight. A surgeon has the ability to create a natural look and it reflects on the appearance.
- Feathering Zone– It is the zone where a bald head and denser area show transition. Small peaks and a feathering of hairs using smaller follicular units which are placed at in the front which gives a natural appearance and the larger units are placed behind the feathering zone.