- What are the aspect ratios of the pen tips used when opening a channel in hair transplantation?
- How much space does it cover in mm2?
- Comparison of Sapphire Fue Technique and DHI Technique
From time to time such questions come from patients. An important issue that our patients do not know is the area occupied by the canal on the skin.
|Nib||Sapphire FUE PEN Sizes||DHI CHOI-PEN Sizes|
|Pen width||0.75 – 0.8 – 0.9 – 1.00 – 1.1 – 1.2 – 1.5 – 2.0 mm||0,74mm – 1,14 mm|
|Pen length||5 mm||5 mm|
|Thickness of pen||0,25 – 0,35 mm||0,74mm – 1,14 mm|
|Area||1×0,25= 0,18 mm2 – 0,25 mm2||0,74×0,74= 0,54 mm2 – 1,29 mm2*|
As can be seen in the table, the channels opened by sapphire fue technique are smaller in area. For us, the less space on the skin, the faster it improves.
- Don’t forget that extraction from donors process is same for both technique: Micro motor with micro punches in sizes of 0,6 – 0,7 – 0,8 – 0,9 mm diameters.
- We are using 1,5mm sapphire blade. 0,8 mm diameters for punch.
Why we are using 0,8 mm diameter punch and 1,5 mm Sapphire Blade?
- Because of 2-3 hair graft have to be extract from donors. If we can use 0,6 mm diameters 1 hair graft will be extract only. Don’t forget that 1 hair graft will be implant frontal / hairline area. 2-3 hair graft will be implant rest of head! If we can’t find 2-3 hair graft how can be good for result? It is the most frequent and beautiful results seen on the market in 1.5 mm sapphire blade. And you can see our result of donors and head.